Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kickstart Running!

Well, I’ve decided that it’s time to get my butt into gear!  One of my fitness goals for 2012 was to work out regularly 3X a week!  (So far...not good!) So....I've decided to start running again, this time on my own.  I had a short stint where I ran with my BFF <3 for about a year.  We started off with a learn to run at the Running Room, then advanced to 5K, 10K, and finally ended 2010 running two half marathons in one year!  We ran the Harvest Half and the Vegas Rock and Roll half marathons and it was an incredible experience.  Many days, I miss pounding the pavement with her as we chatted and enjoyed the incredible views.

That all being said...I've made the first step!  Since I'll be running alone this time, I've decided to use an iPhone app to get started and keep me going!  I've downloaded the Couch-2-5K app by Cool Running and plan to kickstart the running on Friday after work!  I'm a little nervous about running by myself but hey...if I can do it in the gym, I can run outside for 20-30 mins!

Also looking forward to March when my benefits kick in and I can purchase my gym membership!  YAY for full time employment :)

Other than that, I'm also still trying to eat healthy (making better food choices and preparing more meals at home).  I've found some great tips, so will be posting them on the blog shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment