Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ambitious Day


So…I was suppose to start my Couch 2 5K training on Friday after work it didn’t happen.  What happened!?  Cold and the white stuff!!  BRRR!!  I know I used to run in the rain/wind/sleet/snow while training for my half marathon but as I’m attempting to ease back into running and exercise, I decided that the gym might be a better bet!

While D played field hockey, I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes on the stand up bike.  It felt great and I burned over 400 calories in one go!   It was still a great work out, even though I had planned to run outside.

I read that if you are starting a new workout regime, not punish yourself if things change or you fall off the wagon for a day.  Just get back on it and keep going!

As I did my workout, a disabled man in a wheelchair inspired me.  He was also at the gym and working out his arms with his nurse/gym trainer.  I felt so moved!  I thought, if he could motivate himself to get to the gym in his state, surely I could too!  I felt so fortunate to be able to use my legs.  Thank you, strong-willed gentleman, for that inspiration!

It blustery and cold out today and our plan is to stay in and cook some nutritious goodies for the busy week ahead!

On the menu are: Dinner with Julie’s Cottage pie, Hummus, Overnight steel-cut oats in a jar, and my Mom’s wonton recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment